As you all know from my last post I have a hobby making fudge, well sometimes I like to eat a few pieces that I make, they’re delicious what can I say? Unfortunately one of the best ways to help Lipoedema is to “eat clean” which means cut out any junk food.
I’m not sure how easy I will find this as I love my sneaky packet of crisps here and there! The fudge I can take or leave but can I live without my savoury snacks?
Anyway after some research I have found that It’s recommended that I cut a fair bit out of my diet. So from now on I WON’T (or try my very best not to) be eating:
- Red meats (cries), beef, pork, ham, lamb etc I don’t know how I’ll cope!
- Carbs such as potatoes and white bread, that’s not too bad, pretty do-able for me.
- Milk, cheese, butter and yoghurt. I love full fat dairy…. could be a struggle but I am determined!
- Any processed foods, yes that should be easy (or so I think)
- Sugar or artificial sweeteners, tough, very tough!
If there is anything else I have missed that I shouldn’t particularly eat, please let me know, I don’t want to feed the fat any more than I should.
I bet you’re thinking “what on earth can she eat?” I was thinking the same thing…… but keep in mind, eat clean! so here’s a list of food I CAN eat:
- Fish, I will have to learn to love fish….
- Fruit and vegetables, time to be less fussy on the veg
- Eggs, poached is probably the best way to eat them
- Sweet potatoes
- Nuts (this will replace my sneaky packets of crisps)
- Substitute milk such as almond, coconut and rice milk
- Brown rice and buckwheat
- Dark chocolate if I really want a treat but only one square a day. Again, I will learn to love it
I’m not sure of any other foods I can or can’t eat but I will research and try to get my head around it. As for drinks, I will only be really drinking water as I’m guessing sugary drinks are a big no no. I only normally drink milky tea so I just won’t bother with tea, and alcohol I don’t normally drink anyway so I can easily cut that out. I will update you all when I get into it and reveal my progress throughout this blog. If anyone with Lipoedema that is on a diet plan that works, please feel free to let me know about it, I could really do with all the advice I can get 🙂